Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Zine Review: Eat #4



Eat #4
40 pages / half letter / $6

Full disclosure: Vegan / recipe / foodie zines are not high on my priority reading list. I scratch my head at why we need a Food Network on television. So I was pleasantly surprised when I opened this zine and found a cornucopia of delights.

Following the table of contents, there is a humorous picture of a blender with the caption “This is my blender. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.” Eat #4 introduces the reader to the joys of discovering Foie Gras Parfait at the Black Hoof in Toronto, a search for scarce & coveted liquorice altoids, a critique of Gordon Ramsey, a photo blog of gardens, and much more. Who could resist chocolate maple bourbon bacon cupcakes? There are even instructions on how to make an origami banana & the paper to do it with! Eat #4 is a true smorgasbord in zine form, a paper buffet - creative, playful, and almost better than eating desert first. 

No comments: